KINGFISHER WILLOW REDWOOD
MASWELL PARK HEALTH CENTRE
Symptoms of coronavirus?
Thank you from all the Doctors, Nurses, HCAs and admin staff for your understanding in these challenging times. It has been a monumental change for everyone having to cease virtually all face to face consultations and work remotely via phone and video. Everyone has been considerate and understanding and it has been nice when patients have asked us how we are doing too!
The priority at the moment, as restrictions are eased, is that everyone continues the important infection control measures; hand washing, 2 metre social distancing, etc. Masks and face coverings are more likely to protect others from you than you from others but especially in environments where 2 metre distance might be difficult it seems a good idea to wear them. Clinical staff will continue to be wearing masks and PPE for face to face consultations.
Just a reminder, we are ‘open for business’ and Doctors have continued to see people face to face if needed and Nurses have continued baby immunisations, anticoagulation clinic and dressings throughout.
We are slowly resuming more of the routine work which has been on hold for the last couple of months.
- We are doing some anticoagulation checks and injections as a “drive through”.
- We have made adaptations to the building with Perspex screens, spacing available seating in waiting area and staggering appointment times to keep numbers in the building at one time to a minimum.
- We however needing to see an increasing number of people face to face. Please use hand gel and wear a face covering if attending in person and DO NOT attend in person if you have cough or fever, without speaking to a doctor first. Please see full instructions before attending here.
- We will continue to assess all cases by phone in the first instance.
- Please try our new service “E-consult” whenever possible. Patients have found this a very efficient way of communicating with us about non urgent clinical concerns or administrative queries. It will also help those that can’t use I.T to get through on the phone.
- Please consider having essential ’kit’ at home. See: Useful medical equipment to keep at home. We’d recommend at least a thermometer, blood pressure machine if you are on blood pressure medication or Diabetic, peak flow meter if asthmatic (we can prescribe these) and weighing scales.
Finally, there hasn’t been a more important time to prioritise being as healthy as possible. There is a fair bit of catch up to be done here. Please discuss with us or see https://www.oneyouhounslow.org/
If you haven’t yet registered for online services, to request your prescriptions on line, please help us by doing this! Our receptionists spend a long time transferring paper requests to electronic requests for the Doctors to process. Please download the NHS App for access to Airmid and other services or just ring reception for log in details.
We are delighted to now be able to offer a Physiotherapist working with us. You can book directly with him rather than discussing with the GP first. See details here of the First Contact Physiotherapist Service.
For baby and child immunisations, routine reviews for diabetes, COPD, asthma, women’s health, men’s health, please do respond to invitations! We’re here to help keep you healthy.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING SUPPORT.